Arranging a Funeral Checklist
As your funeral service provider, we will take care of many of the tasks required in consultation with you and on your behalf.
This can be a daunting time for you and your family and we are here to assist you with every aspect and guide you through this time of personal challenge.
We will assist you to evaluate and identify your priorities and needs, so that your decisions best reflect what is appropriate for you. It may also be prudent to have us review your plans and what you have organised as we may be able to identify anything that may have been overlooked.
The list below includes many of the tasks required to be completed and the type of information we need to gather.
- Relatives and friends
- Insurance agents
- Unions and fraternal organisations
- Location of cemetery
- Type of funeral service
- Casket or coffin
- Flowers and accompanying message
- Newspaper notices
- Transportation for dependent family members or friends
- Time and place for funeral
- Time and place for viewing
- Personal details of the deceased
- Birth date
- Birth place
- Parents names & occupations
- Centrelink number
- Veteran affairs / military service
- Marital status
- Immediate family members details
- Charities for memorial contributions
Ask a friend or relative to help answer sympathetic phone calls, cards and letters, as well as greet friends and relatives when they call.
Got a question? Contact us.